The Bachelor of Science in Architecture is a 4-year pre-professional undergraduate degree that leads to the BAC's accelerated 2-Year Master of Architecture. Our innovative approach to education integrates ongoing, real-world design practice with traditional classroom learning.
Integrated building systems and technology courses investigate how buildings perform. History and theory courses place current work into dialogue with other times and places. Design studios build students' capacity to integrate ideas and envision new conditions supported by drawing and making courses. Media courses harness the power of digital and physical making, offering a visual language to communicate ideas. Liberal education employs the arts, humanities, and sciences to explore our place in the world. All students receive guidance in pursuit of concurrent practice experience in design firms, community projects, research, and independent projects.
- Graduates can move directly into the BAC’s professionally accredited 2-Year Master of Architecture program.
- With an average class size of 8 students, students receive individual attention from passionate, experienced instructors currently working in their fields.
- Students begin their degree with a Foundation year, learning the fundamentals of design in multidisciplinary studios with students from across the BAC’s four schools.
- The BAC partners with over 350 firms that hire students to work while they study.
- Progress is evaluated through portfolio reviews that prepare students to present their work.
what our program offers
- The BAC is a fully accredited nonprofit college with more than 125 years of experience educating design professionals.
- Professional, practical experience is built into our curriculum alongside traditional classroom learning, making our students exceptionally competitive in the marketplace.
- 97% of BAC graduates are already employed in the design field on the day they graduate.
- 91% of our classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Our faculty of more than 300 practicing professionals and our deep ties to Boston's design community provide students with the connections to succeed in their fields.
- Our urban campus in the heart of downtown Boston is surrounded by inspiring architecture, museums, performance venues, and colleges and universities.
- With one in three Bostonians between the ages of 20 and 34, Boston is one of the most innovative cities in the country.