The 2-Year Track of the Master of Architecture is a professionally accredited degree designed for students with a background in architecture or design. Our innovative approach to education embeds professional practice into the curriculum, so employment in architecture is integral to the learning experience.
Students in the 2-year track are thought leaders at the college who expand the conversation in studio and in practice. This program focuses on experimental design studios that integrate site and sustainable strategies while readying students for their independent thesis research. The intensive 2-year program also incorporates courses in professional practice to prepare graduates for their architectural registration exams. Most graduates are poised to continue their work in the profession and sit for licensure.
- Students who enter with an undergraduate degree in architecture or design and a satisfactory portfolio can earn their Master of Architecture in just 2 years.
- By engaging in professional practice and enrolling in NCARB's Architectural Experience Program (AXP), students may be eligible to take their licensing exams while they earn their degree.
- The BAC partners with over 350 firms that hire students to work while they study.
- Instructors are professionals and scholars in the field and bring current perspectives into the classroom.
- Students can choose to take each semester onsite or online to fit their schedule.
- Students finish their program with a thesis of personal significance and larger value to the community and the discipline of architecture.
what our program offers
- The BAC is a fully accredited nonprofit college with more than 125 years of experience educating design professionals.
- Professional, practical experience is built into our curriculum alongside traditional classroom learning, making our students exceptionally competitive in the marketplace.
- 97% of BAC graduates are already employed in the design field on the day they graduate.
- 91% of our classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Our faculty of more than 300 practicing professionals and our deep ties to Boston's design community provide students with the connections to succeed in their fields.
- Our urban campus in the heart of downtown Boston is surrounded by inspiring architecture, museums, performance venues, and colleges and universities.
- With one in three Bostonians between the ages of 20 and 34, Boston is one of the most innovative cities in the country.