The Online Track of the Master of Architecture is a 2-year professionally accredited degree designed for students with a background in architecture. Our innovative approach to education embeds professional practice into the curriculum, so employment in architecture is integral to the learning experience.
The program’s unique low-residency model allows students to work full time while earning their degree. Our online coursework has the same rigor as in our traditional classrooms, and a series of 8-day residencies in Boston bring the courses to life and build connections between classmates and instructors.
- The BAC's program is the first primarily online Master of Architecture in the country to be accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- Students who enter with an undergraduate degree in architecture or design and a satisfactory portfolio can earn their Master of Architecture in just 2 years.
- By engaging in professional practice and enrolling in NCARB's Architectural Experience Program (AXP), students may be eligible to take their licensing exams while they earn their degree.
- Students can choose to take each semester online or onsite to fit their schedule.
- Students finish their program with a thesis of personal significance and larger value to the community and the discipline of architecture.
what our program offers
- The BAC is a fully accredited nonprofit college with more than 125 years of experience educating design professionals.
- Our online curriculum allows students to earn their master's degree while working full time and advancing their careers.
- Instructors are professionals and scholars in the field and bring current perspectives into the classroom.
- Eight-day residencies on campus in downtown Boston allow students to connect with their faculty, collaborate with their classmates, and engage hands-on with their coursework.
- We use a range of digital tools to support online learning, including Skype, VoiceThread, and WebEx desktop sharing.