The Master of Science in Interior Architecture is a 30-credit post-professional online degree designed for interior designers to pursue further studies in design strategies and research or to develop a specialized area of design knowledge. Our curriculum emphasizes the character and use of spaces, challenging our students to create environments that are responsive to the human experience.
The program’s unique low-residency model allows students to work full time while earning their degree. The online classroom has the same rigor as in our traditional classrooms, and students enrich their online courses with two weekend residencies in Boston that build communication and connections between colleagues and instructors.
The MSIA is for interior designers and architects who want to:
- Develop innovative methods of creating environments more responsive to human experience
- Apply knowledge gained from cultural studies and social sciences research to design
- Guide design strategies to incorporate input from a more diverse set of design determinants
- Create performance-based design solutions that demonstrate measured improvement of outcomes
what our program offers
- The BAC is a fully accredited nonprofit college with more than 125 years of experience educating design professionals.
- Our online curriculum allows students to earn their master’s degree while working full time and advancing their careers.
- Instructors are professionals in the field and bring current perspectives on interior architecture into the classroom.
- Weekend residencies on campus in downtown Boston allow students to connect with their faculty, collaborate with their classmates, and engage hands-on with their coursework.
- We use a range of digital tools to support online learning, including Skype, VoiceThread, and WebEx desktop sharing.
- Students conclude their studies with a thesis project that contributes new knowledge to the field.