A portfolio is not required for admission into the BAC (with the exception of the Distance Master of Architecture). However, the College strongly encourages anyone who is able to produce a portfolio to submit one to assist with the College’s ability to evaluate your performance prior to beginning your degree program at the BAC. If you choose to submit a portfolio, it is best to do so soon after applying for admission. If you are applying for transfer credit of design classes, a portfolio is required to award credit.
Portfolio Submission Requirements
- Portfolio must be no greater 11" x 17" and no smaller than 8.5" x 11".
- Clearly label the outside of the portfolio with your name.
- Include reproductions of preliminary sketches and diagrams to document the entire design process. Describe each image with a brief caption to explain your thinking. Three-dimensional work should be represented through photos. No models, slides, disks, or CDs will be accepted.
- Separate your work into sections reflecting the source: Academic, professional, and/or personal.
- Present academic work in chronological order. For each project included, identify the school where the studio was taken; in which semester and year; studio level; and project duration.
- Submit group projects (either studio or professional) if your role is clearly identified.
- Send reproductions only. Under no circumstances send originals.
- Pay attention to submission deadlines. It is important to note that all placement decisions are made only at the time of admission. You can initiate a re-evaluation of your placement only by contacting the Admission Office.
- The BAC does not mail portfolios back to students.
While great effort is made to handle student work carefully and securely, the BAC cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged items.