The Certificate Program in Digital Design and Visualization allows students to build expertise in computer-based design technologies and learn skills relevant to the evolving trends of current-day design practices. Graduates of this certificate are equipped with the latest software applications and knowledge for use in the design technology work environment.
Four classes are required to complete the certificate. To fulfill this requirement, students select from any of the courses offered in the area of Digital Design and Visualization. Eligible courses are listed below. Please contact the Registrar's Office at 617.585.0135 or email@example.com for details on prerequisites.
To enroll in the Digital Design and Visualization Certificate Program, submit a Certificate Enrollment Form to the Registrar's Office. For information about course registration and certificate completion, visit Current Certificate Students.
- Sketchup 1: 3D Modeling and Illustration
- Rhino 1: 3D Design
- AutoCAD 1: 2D Drafting
- AutoCAD 2: Site Plan Graphics
- Algorithmic Design: Grasshopper (pre-req)
- Autodesk Revit: Residential Design Workshop
- Autodesk Revit: 2 and 3D Design Representation
- Advanced Revit and Computational Workflows (pre-req)
- Digital Fabrication and Model Making
- 3ds Max 1: Modeling and Rendering
- 3ds Max 2: Rendering and Animation (pre-reqs)
- Illustration: Information Graphics, Diagramming, & Publishing
- Visualization Workflows: Integrating the Rendered and the Real (pre-reqs)
- Rendered Ineffable: Hybrid Digital Representation Techniques
- Photoshop: Digital Image Editing & Critique 1
- Photoshop: Digital Image Editing & Critique 2 (pre-reqs)
- Photoshop: Imaging for Designers
- Digital Portfolio
- Web-based Portfolio