The Landscape Institute is a distinctive education program providing courses, workshops, and special programs in landscape design, history, horticulture and preservation. Our comprehensive offerings are for the design novice as well as seasoned professionals. LI students are mature and dedicated; they are one of the reasons that the LI has earned a reputation for leadership in design, stewardship, and preservation action. Courses are open enrollment; some are onsite, online, or a combination of the two. Our flexible educational approach, allow students to:
- Explore a special interest
- Enable a career transition
- Build a portfolio or enhance current practice
- Contribute to their communities
Our mission is to provide a broader understanding of the natural and cultural influences that shape the designed and built environment, and foster a more enlightened involvement. We prepare students to succeed in a multidisciplinary field that bridges art, business and physical environment.
Areas of Study
The program integrates design, history, and horticulture studies through:
- Studio-oriented approaches that integrate artistic, theoretical, and practical skills
- Small class sizes
- Seminar-style & participatory learning
- Flexible course sequencing and enrollment options ...more
Japan: Gardens and landscapes in Kyoto and South Korea
Japan and a special prequel visit to South Korea.
October 24-November 8, 2013 with Nan Sinton