The Sustainable Residential Design Certificate is designed for students interested in single family and small scale multifamily residential design. Students interested in residential garden design should investigate the courses of the Landscape Institute at the BAC.
Sustainable Residential Design Courses and Certificate Curriculum
The Sustainable Design Institute has a breadth of over thirty half-semester, graduate-level courses in sustainable design principles and practices. To earn the certificate, students complete six courses in the program and maintain a cumulative B- average. A bachelor's degree is required for enrollment in the certificate program. Students who do not have a bachelor's degree should contact the Professional and Continuing Education Department.
The following courses must be completed:
- Sustainable Design as a Way of Thinking
- Two courses from the full Sustainable Design Curriculum
- Three of the following courses below
- Green Residential Remodeling & Renovation
- The Zero Energy Home: What, How and If?
- Residential Energy Modeling
- Site Design Landscaping & Site-Water Issues