Be a part of the BAC's tradition of "Learning by Going" on this bike trip through Amsterdam, focused on sustainable design, architecture, and the overall sustainable culture prevalent in The Netherlands. Guests will interact with local Amsterdammers and engage in cultural and design discussions. We'll visit neighborhoods of Amsterdam and learn about how designers have engaged the idea of sustainability throughout the city. There will be multiple opportunities during the trip to experience the unique architecture, art, food, and culture of Amsterdam.
View the Trip Itinerary
- Explore the neighborhoods of Amsterdam with local sustainable designers and architects.
- Scenic bike ride along the Windmill Trail.
- Boat Tour along the canals of Amsterdam.
- Private tour and presentation of the MOOOI Showroom.
- Stedelijk Museum, Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, the Spiegelkwartier, as well as studios of working artists in Amsterdam.
- Behind-the-scenes tour of The Royal Concertgebouw, which boasts one of the world's finest acoustics.
- Cheese-making workshop and lunch at the Geitenboerderij, an organic Goat Farm.
- Explore farmer's markets and street markets throughout Amsterdam with local Amsterdammers.
Submit with Registration: Non-refundable $500 Deposit
February 10, 2017: Deposit deadline plus $2,000
March 10, 2017: Balance of payment