Questions about library services for online education students should be sent to the BAC Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.585.0155.
The BAC Library will supply copies of magazine and journal articles for eligible online education students (see Who Are Online Education Students?). Copies of articles are typically scanned and emailed as PDF documents.
Before you submit your article request, check the Library's online Journal List to see if we own the journal in full-text through one of our databases. The Journal List is an electronic journals management system that can be searched by journal title. If the journal is available in full-text, Journal Locator will list the databases that index the journal, and the dates of online coverage.
If the Library does not have the article in full-text online and you would like to request a copy, please submit Distance Article ILL Request Form with the following information:
- Your name and BAC ID number
- The email address to which you would like the article emailed
- The article citation (Article Title, Author/s, Journal or Magazine title, Volume, Issue and Page Numbers)
- Where you found the article cited (Avery Index, Proquest, Google Scholar, etc.)
Distance students can either check these books out during their onsite residency or request to have the books mailed to them during the course of the semester. The library covers the cost of mailing out book material, but students are responsible for returning the books to the Library.
Borrowing Limit: 15 books
Borrowing Length: 4 weeks
Renewal Length: Until end of the semester (unless a hold is placed on that book by another patron)
Fines: $.10 per day, per book (no renewal or check out after reaching $10)
See Student Borrowing for more informaton.
Tips for Book Delivery
- Check the BAC Library catalog to be sure that the item is located in the "Main Stacks."
- Make sure that the book is not checked out or on reserve for the semester. The library catalog record should say "Available." We will inform you if the book is missing from our collection.
- Reference Books, BAC Thesis Documents, and Closed Stacks books do not circulate.
- The BAC Library will NOT send non-book material such as maps, plans or DVDs.
- Your local public library may be the fastest way to get your books. Many libraries participate in consortia and have access to the collections of other public and college libraries in your state.
- To find books in libraries located near you, try worldcat.org, a freely available web resource. You can visit the site or use the search box on our page.
How to Request a Book Delivery
If you wish to request that BAC library books be sent to you, please email the BAC Library with the following information:
- Your name and BAC ID number
- Title and author of the book(s)
- Link to the catalog record(s) for the book(s)
- The shipping address to which you would like the book(s) to be sent.
Distance students can return books by US Mail, FedEx, or UPS. We recommend that your books be returned by a delivery service that will insure and track your material. Until we receive the books, you are responsible for any lost books or overdue fines incurred.
All books should be returned to the following address:
Boston Architectural College
320 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115