The word bursar is unfamiliar. It is derived from the Latin term for purse and is most commonly defined as an official in charge of funds at a college or university. The BAC Bursar's Office staff is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to students and their families regarding all student financial accounts.
Department responsibilities include:
- Issuing billing statements
- Collecting tuition and fees
- Processing financial aid funds to a student account
- Refunding credit balances
- Assisting with payment options
- Isuing 1098-T tax forms
- Access real-time account information and make payments via credit card through Self-Service.
- Health insurance waivers need to be completed once a year; prior to fall clearance or prior to spring if not enrolled for fall. Waivers are processed through the Gallagher Koster website. View the Student Health Insurance webpage for more information.
- For all on-site degree students and Distance Master of Architecture students, bills are issued each semester, are preliminary and due by the specified clearance date. The student account must be clear inorder to be eligible to register for the semester. Once registered, the preliminary bill becomes an actual bill and is contingent upon the tuition refund schedule.
- Distance Master of Design Studies Students are required to pay tuition and fees at the time of online registration. If a student intends to use payment other than credit card, financial aid, cash or check, the payment must be credited to the account prior to registration. Once registered the tuition refund schedule applies.
- In order to discuss an account with anyone other than the student, we must have a FERPA authorization on file.
- Elective Tuition Insurance is available. Enrollment must be completed before the start of the semester. Distance students enroll at www.tuitioninsuranceplan.com/bacdistance and On-site students enroll www.tuitioninsuranceplan.com/bacinsurance.
Distance M.Arch Students:
- Preliminary bills will be generated on May 20, 2014
- Payment is due by June 20, 2014
- Online registration is July 7-11, 2014
- The semester begins July 28, 2014
Distance M.D.S. Students:
- Payment for M.D.S. student is at the time of registration. If using financial aid funds, please be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office in advance of registration
- Registration is online July 7-11, 2014
- Intensive courses begin July 28, 2014
- Preliminary bills will be generated the 2nd week of June
- Payment is due by July 18, 2014
- After July 18, 2014 a $150 Late Clearance Fee will be charged.
- Online registration is August 12-15, 2014. Student accounts must be clear in order to register for the semester.