About to make the transition from BAC student to alumni? Congrats! Check this page out for what you need to know about preparing to graduate and commencement.
Applying to Graduate
If the end of your time at the BAC is creeping up on you, here are some things that you can expect leading up to graduation:
- You will need to apply to graduate. This means filling out Apply to Graduate form and paying the graduation fee.
- Your academic advisor and practice can help you make sure you have met all your requirements. They will also be looking at this information as you get closer to make sure you are on-track.
- If you received financial aid while at the BAC, you will need to complete financial aid exit counseling. This is a requirement and provides you with helpful information about paying back loans, etc.
- Check out the Commencement website for more information about the ceremony and other events (information posted during the spring semester prior to Commencement).
- If you have additional questions, call the Registrar at (617) 585- 0135.
Diplomas are awarded twice a year, with a Commencement ceremony happening once per year in May. Even if you graduate during the winter (in January), you are welcome to walk in the ceremony in May. There isn't a seperate form for obtaining a diploma; this is part of the appying to graduate process.
Replacement Diploma Requests
Additional copies of your diploma are available at a cost of $35.00 each (processing fee and postage). Requests will be processed in eight to twelve weeks depending on the volume of requests. Complete the Replacement Diploma Request form and submit it to the Registrar's office with payment/payment information.
Boston Architectural College holds a formal commencement ceremony once per year, at the end of the Spring semester. Students are conferred at both the end of the spring and fall semesters. For more information about commencement, please see the college's commencement website, at the link above.