Online Master of Architecture Curriculum
During the Online Master of Architecture, you’ll enter and move through the program with a cohort of fellow colleagues. Your coursework will be highly flexible, practice-based, and conducted online through a variety of formats and is rounded out each semester by an intensive week-long residency either online or onsite.
The curriculum includes advanced studios emphasizing conceptual and technical design mastery; courses in theory and research, urbanism, building technology, and more; and a professional development course in which work-related experience and Practice-based learning are reported and assessed.
For the semester 1 Practice Assessment element below, students may be asked to complete an extra two credits of an extended Practice to help them reflect on practice based upon their Practice evaluation. This extended Practice may consist of a Gateway project or a menu of offerings through the Practice department.
- Practice Assessment: Progress Review, 1,000 Practice Hours
- ARC3308 Architecture Studio 3: Sitework
- TSM2001 Sustainable Systems
- TSM3044 Practice Management
- ARC3309 Architecture Studio 4: Integrative Project
- TSM2002 Building Systems
- TSM3045 Project Management
- PRV0002 Portfolio Review 2
- Practice Assessment: 2,200 Practice Hours Required
- ARC3320 Architecture Thesis Research Strategies
- TSM2006 Detailing and Construction Documents
- HTC History/Theory Elective
*Based upon practice evaluation, students may be asked to complete two credits of an extended practice assessment to help them reflect on practice. This extended practice may consist of a gateway project or a menu of offerings through the practice department.