Alert For the Fall of 2020, the BAC is at Risk Level 2. Click here for the latest updates on the COVID-19 policies and resources for the BAC community.More

International Student Services

International Advising

Maria Polyanskaya
International Student Advisor

Fax: 617.585.0121

Contact Advising


Ask a Question

Schedule an Appointment

Office Hours

Mon–Thurs 9 am–7 pm
Fri 9 am–5 pm

Please schedule an appointment in advance.

    International Student Services (ISS) staff is committed to providing career expertise and advice to ensure that our students maintain their immigration status and compliance with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)  immigration regulations throughout their course of study at the BAC.

    ISS is here to assist you and provide you with the resources you need to achieve academic and career goals. We coordinate and administer programs that serve international students and the BAC. Our staff is aware of the demands associated with studying in another country and the specific needs of international students. We work closely with other other offices around campus, including Practice, Learning Resource Center, Admissions, Human Resources, Office of Student Life and Advising to ensure the best experience for international students.

    Services Provided

    F-1 Policies Guidance and Maintaining Status

    • Form I-20 issurance for admitted undergraduate, graduate students, and dependents
    • Advising and assistance with immigration questions pertaining to F-1 status
    • Making referrals to other campus services to assist international students
    • Assistance requesting a change of non-immigrant status
    • I-20 program extensions
    • Post-graduation advising: grace period, OPT, new academic program
    • Guidance on Leave of Absence and Reduced Course Load (RCL)
    • Travelling while studying in the United States

    Living in the United States

    • Cross cultural activities and support
    • Help obtaining a Social Security Number (SSN)
    • Applying for a Massachusetts Driver's License or State ID
    • Setting up a Bank Account
    • Obtaining a mobile phone
    • General guidance on tax obligations

    Employment Options for F-1 Students

    • On-campus Employment
    • Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
    • Optional Practical Training (OPT)

    Student Exchange Programs

    • Study Abroad
    • Study at the BAC