Alert For the Spring of 2021, the BAC is at Risk Level 2. Click here for the latest updates on the COVID-19 policies and resources for the BAC community.More

Student Services

Registrar | Bursar | Financial Aid

Student Services includes the offices of the registrar, bursar, and financial aid at the BAC. Here you will find information about course registration, tuition, loans, policies and procedures, and school schedules and deadlines. Got questions? We are happy to help!


Contact for questions regarding registration
and your course schedule.

Financial Aid

Contact for questions regarding financial aid,
federal and private loans.


Contact for questions regarding your bill,
payments and refunds.

Scholarships & Awards

Contact for questions regarding available
scholarships and awards.

Student Services FAQs

Student Services

How do I obtain an official transcript?

Complete the request form and submit it to the Registrar's Office. Please allow 3–5 business days for the processing of this request. Additional time will be required during registration periods. Please note that we do not fax or email transcripts.

You can mail the transcript request to:

Boston Architectural College, Attention: Registrar, 320 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02115.

You can also scan and email the form to or fax it to 617.585.0131.

How can I verify my current or past enrollment at the BAC?

To request an official letter stating your enrollment status, complete the request form and submit it to the Registrar's Office. Please allow 3–5 business days for the processing of this request, with additional time during registration periods. The BAC also authorizes the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for verification of student enrollment status, so you can obtain an official Enrollment Verification Certificate at any time via the Clearinghouse web site.

Can I take courses at the BAC without enrolling in a degree or certificate program?

You can take courses at the BAC as a Continuing Education student without enrolling in a degree or certificate program. If you have never taken a course at the BAC, you can create an online account in Self-Service where you can register and pay for classes. Open registration periods are listed on the Academic Calendar. If you would like more information regarding course offerings and registration instructions, email Continuing Education in the Registrar's Office at


I am being charged BAC Student Health Insurance, but I have my own insurance; what do I do?

Health insurance is charged to all degree students and CE certificate students registered half time or greater (6+ credits for undergraduate students; 4.5+ for graduate students). If you have a comparable health insurance plan, you can submit a health insurance waiver. Once the waiver is approved, the insurance fee will be removed from your bill within one to two business days. All waivers need to be submitted by the end of the add/drop period each term. Visit Student Health Insurance for more information.

When will I receive my refund check?

Students often have financial aid funds in excess of their tuition and fees to cover living expenses. Refund checks are typically available one month after the start of the semester. The financial aid process cannot begin until after add/drop when registration is finalized. Students are notified via email when their check is available for pick up in the Bursar's Office. Checks will be mailed upon request by replying to the email. Refund checks that are lost and need to be reissued will be subject to a $25 fee.

Where can I find information regarding payment plans?

The BAC offers payment plans through Official Payments for degree students. These plans are not loans but are a monthly agreement to pay the tuition and fees in installments. There is an enrollment fee upon signing up. Please visit Payment Options for more information.

Financial Aid

Are all students eligible to receive financial aid?

Generally students must meet the following criteria in order to eligible for federal aid:

  • Students must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen (US permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C Alien Registration Receipt Card). Check with the Financial Aid Office for further explanation
  • Register (or have registered) with the Selective Service if you are a male between 18 and 25 years old
  • Be enrolled in an eligible program working towards a degree. NOTE: Continuing Education students are NOT eligible to receive federal and state aid
  • Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate
  • Cannot be in default on a prior federal loan or owe an overpayment to the federal government
  • Students must be US Citizens or eligible non-citizens in order to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Eligibility is matched with records from the Department of Homeland Security database.
  • Students must meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress

How much can I borrow through the Direct Loan Program?

Students are able to borrow up to their Cost of Attendance per academic year. The Cost of Attendance is listed on the award letter, and it includes tuition, an allowance for room and board expenses, books, supplies, transportation, and personal expenses. Students are awarded federal loans according to their eligibility and academic grade level, not to exceed the direct costs to the school. For example, a first year independent undergraduate, if eligible, will be awarded a Subsidized Stafford Loan in the amount of $3,500, and an Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan of $6,000, for a total amount per academic grade level (first year) of $9,500. A graduate student is eligible to receive a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan in the amount of $20,500.

If students have borrowed their maximum amounts under the federal loan programs (Direct Stafford, Direct Parent, and Graduate PLUS) and need additional funds to help defray tuition and other educational related expenses, students may be able to borrow alternative/private loans. The Financial Aid Office encourages students to review interest rates and repayment options for all alternative/private loans prior to borrowing, as these options differ from federal loan programs.

How often do I need to fill out the FAFSA?

The FAFSA must be completed annually. You may do so by visiting The priority deadline for applications is April 15. While students may complete their FAFSA throughout the academic year, applying by the priority deadline ensures consideration for the best possible financial aid package. Although some of our limited financial aid funds may be exhausted after the priority deadline, many students are eligible for federal student loans.