Alert For the Fall of 2020, the BAC is at Risk Level 2. Click here for the latest updates on the COVID-19 policies and resources for the BAC community.More

Transfer Credits and Waivers

Filing for Concurrent Transfer Credit

Concurrent academic transfer credit may be awarded for courses taken at other institutions while a student is enrolled in one of the BAC's degree programs. 

Any course taken outside the BAC must be pre-approved by the Transfer Credit Coordinator to ensure that it will meet degree requirements. The following steps must be taken:

  1. E-mail a request to the Transfer Credit Coordinator requesting pre-approval. Specify which degree requirement the course is intended to fulfill and include the name of the college, the number of credits or credit hours and full course information, including a course description. Students will be notified of the decision within a week of submitting the required documents.
  2. Have the Registrar at the host school send an official transcript to the BAC's Registrar's Office after the course has been completed. 

Note: Students receiving financial aid must complete additional procedures through the Financial Aid Office before registering for a course offered by another college.

In the case of design courses taken elsewhere, pre-approval is not fully granted, as the awarding of transfer credit is contingent upon a review of the student's work upon completion of the course. It is advisable to meet with the appropriate program director well in advance of course registration, to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for being awarded possible transfer credit.

Waiver of Course Requirements

Transfer credit is not the same as a waiver. Transferred credits fulfill specific course requirements, whereas a select group of requirements may be waived if the student can demonstrate that s/he has the competence that the course seeks to instill. The definition of "competence" is determined by the BAC. To obtain a waiver, students meet with their Academic Advisor for direction to the appropriate education director who will detail the required materials the student must submit. If the materials meet the learning outcomes, the course requirement is waived and the student does not have to take the course; however, the credit-hour requirement must be fulfilled within the same cirricular area as the waived course.  

Transferring Credits from Another School or BAC Continuing Education

If you are hoping to transfer credits to the BAC from another school you attended or from Continuing Education at the BAC, please review the transfer credit information on the Transfer to the BAC page. Here you will find information about the following:

  • Time limitations for transfer credits
  • Requirements of courses to be transferred
  • Petitioning for practice hours from prior to enrollment
  • Policies regarding transfer credits from Continuing Education at the BAC
  • How courses are treated if you need to reactivate your enrollment