Find or Post a Job
Practice Lab is the BAC's very own job database and a great online resource for finding full-time, part-time, and paid internship positions at design firms and related companies.
Setting Up Your Account
Students who are enrolled full-time in one of the BAC's degree-granting programs are provided with a Practice Lab account. Often, job postings in Practice Lab are posted by employers who want to specifically hire BAC students.
To verify your account:
- Go to the main login page
- If you already have a password, log in using your email address and Practice Lab password.
- If you do not have a password, click the "Forgot Password" link, and a new password will be sent to your email address.
You'll receive an email from Practice when your account has been set up.
How to Use Practice Lab
In Practice Lab, you can complete your profile, upload your resume and work samples, and if possible, include a link to your portfolio so that employers and recruiters who are vetted by the Practice Department can access your job search materials.
You can create curated job alerts according to your interests or popular opportunities, and you'll receive weekly emails, including new and trending jobs.
You can also download Practice Lab on your smartphone via an app called Symplicity to receive notifications about new positions or announcements.
Finding a Job
Students are eligible to earn Practice Hours through most of the positions listed on Practice Lab. For freelance positions, you may be required to complete an application for Independent Practice -you'll be notified via email.
The Practice Department makes every effort to screen job postings, but students should be aware of the possibility of fraudulent job postings.
Hire a BAC Student during COVID-19
In this COVID-19 world we are living in, have you been forced to reconsider your spatial needs and requirements? Have you had to suddenly convert your home into a home office, a school, a day care, hospital and more? BAC Students are available for freelance and independent contractor positions now.
Post a Job
- Go to Practice Lab.
- Click the "Employer" button on the main screen.
- If you have posted on Practice Lab before, enter your user name and password.
- If you have not previously posted on Practice Lab, click "Register" or "Register to Post Local Job" on the right sidebar.
- The system will guide you through the registration and job posting process. For best results, include as many relevant details about the job description as possible.
The Practice Department reviews all new employers and job postings before approving them for Practice Lab. Once approved, the Practice Department will inform you when you are able to log in and view your job listing.
Why Hire a BAC Student?
BAC students learn to practice design professionally long before they complete their degree programs, positioning them to be exceptionally competitive as designers and innovators. Students offer fresh perspectives, and they value the unparalleled opportunities to expand the breath of their knowledge and capabilities as designers, as well as to explore different paths of professional growth and development.
Freelance and Independent Contractor Parameters
- All positions must be paid opportunities relevant to the fields of architecture, interior architecture, landscape architecture, or design studies.
- Certain professional services, such as stamped drawings and construction documents, must be performed by a licensed architect.
- All currently enrolled BAC students that are hired for freelance or independent contracting jobs require supervision by a BAC faculty advisor or design professional in order to receive recognition toward the completion of their degree for the work they perform.
If you have an opportunity for a BAC student, get in touch with us! Email email@example.com to get started.