Skip to Header Skip to main content Skip to footer

International Students at the BAC

The BAC is a diverse, close-knit community of 750 architecture and design students who are passionate and creative thinkers making a difference through their work. We are proud to host international students from over 54 countries, constituting 29% of the overall student population.

Deciding to Apply

Who Is Eligible to Study at the BAC?


  • International students who hold a U.S. high school diploma or the equivalency of a U.S. high school diploma (completion of secondary education)


  • International students who are currently studying at a community college or another college or university and wish to transfer to the BAC


  • International students who hold a U.S. undergraduate degree or the equivalency of a four-year undergraduate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university


  • International students who are currently studying at another college or university and who wish to transfer to the BAC

Which Programs Can I Take?

The BAC is approved by the SEVP – Student and Exchange Visitor Program to host F-1 visa undergraduate and graduate international students for the following degrees:

The BAC additionally welcomes international students with prior academic history or degrees in architecture and/or design to apply to the one of the following fully-online programs. These programs do not sponsor the F-1 visa, setting the expectation that students would complete the program entirely from a distance in their home country.

How Do I Apply?

Learn more about applying as an undergraduate, graduate, or online student.

Demonstrating English Proficiency

If your first language is something other than English, then you must demonstrate a level of English proficiency necessary to complete your degree. Learn more on our English Proficiency page.

Paying for College

The BAC offers many scholarships, honors, and awards that are also available to international students enrolled in degree programs, including the Dean's Award and Foundation Award.

While international students are not eligible for federal financial aid, you may apply for private student loans.

After Acceptance

Can I Work While I’m in School?

On an international student (F-1) visa, students are permitted to work under the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) provision of the U.S. government immigration regulations. Work can be part-time or full-time, unpaid or paid, but must meet the practice component requirements of the BAC's educational programs.

Student Life

The BAC is committed to promoting a community that celebrates, affirms, and vigorously pursues inclusiveness in all its forms. Learn more about where you’ll live, clubs such as the student chapter of NOMAS (National Organization of Minority Architects), and other important information for accepted international students.

Have More Questions?

Interested International Students Contact:
Office of Admissions

Current International BAC Students Contact:
International Student Services