Digital technology and visual communication are integral components of design practices. The application of computer-based knowledge and digital skills in the design process range from designing the built environment we inhabit to the printed digital media that surrounds us. The Digital Design and Visualization Certificate allows students to build expertise in design technologies and learn skills relevant to the evolving trends of current-day design practices. Graduates of this certificate are equipped with the latest software applications and knowledge for use in the design technology work environment.
The Digital Design and Visualization Certificate offers both online and on campus courses. The certificate is open to students interested in digital design who want to learn new skills or to build on their current knowledge.
Enrollment in the Digital Design and Visualization Certificate requires the submission of the Certificate Enrollment Form to Continuing Education in the Registrar's Office. For additional information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 617.585.0135.
Certificate students must begin academic coursework in the program within two academic semesters of submitting the enrollment materials.
The Digital Design and Visualization Certificate program requires the completion of four courses for a total of 6-7.5 credits, depending on the courses the student selects.
All Digital Design courses are 1.5 credits with the exception of DME2032 Autodesk Revit. This course is 3 credits and satisfies one of the four program requirements.
Four Courses / 6-7.5 Credits
Students can choose four courses from the Digital Design and Visualization Certificate curriculum below.
Courses offered vary by semester. Visit Continuing Education Courses for current offerings. Click below for course descriptions.
- DME2017 Illustration: Information Graphics
- DME2021 Digital Portfolio
- DME2022 Photoshop: Digital Imaging, Editing I
- DME2023 Photoshop: Digital Imaging, Editing II*
*Pre-requisite: DME2022 or DME2024
- DME2024 Photoshop: Electronic Imaging for Design
- DME2028 Digital Fabrication and Model Making
- DME2030 Web-Based Portfolio
- DME2032 Autodesk Revit: 2D and 3D Representation
- DME2033 Autodesk Revit II: Parametric Design*
*Pre-requisite: DME2032 or DME2063
- DME2034 Rhino 1: 3D Design
- DME2035 Rhino 2: Digital Design and Fabrication*
- DME2037 Rendering in V-Ray
- DME2042 AutoCAD 1: 2D Drafting
- DME2044 Landscape Representation 1: 2D Visualization with AutoCAD
- DME2045 Landscape Representation 2: 3D Modeling with AutoCAD*
- DME2046 3D Studio Max 1: Modeling and Rendering
- DME2047 3D Studio Max 2: Rendering and Animation*
- DME2052 Rendered Ineffable: Hybrid Digital Representation Technique
- DME2055 Algorithmic Design - Grasshopper*
- DME2063 Autodesk Revit I: Building Information Modeling
- DME2072 Advanced Revit & Computational Work flows*
- DME2073 Visual Communication
- DME2074 Graphic Design*