The Bachelor of Science in Architecture is a 4-year pre-professional undergraduate degree that leads to the BAC's accelerated 2-Year Master of Architecture. Our innovative approach to education integrates ongoing, real-world design practice with traditional classroom learning.
The BAC introduces its online Bachelor of Science in Architecture! If you have at least two years of college experience in an architecture or design program, this newly launched remote study option may be the best fit for you. The BAC's online course provides students convenience while offering the same rigor as our traditional classrooms with experienced and dedicated BAC faculty. Eligibility into this online program will be determine by the review committee.
Integrated building systems and technology courses investigate how buildings perform. History and theory courses place current work into dialogue with other times and places. Design studios build students' capacity to integrate ideas and envision new conditions supported by drawing and making courses. Media courses harness the power of digital and physical making, offering a visual language to communicate ideas. Liberal education employs the arts, humanities, and sciences to explore our place in the world. All students receive guidance in pursuit of concurrent practice experience in design firms, community projects, research, and independent projects.
- Graduates can move directly into the BAC’s professionally accredited 2-Year Master of Architecture program.
- With an average class size of 8 students, students receive individual attention from passionate, experienced instructors currently working in their fields.
- Students begin their degree with a Foundation year, learning the fundamentals of design in multidisciplinary studios with students from across the BAC’s four schools.
- The BAC partners with over 350 firms that hire students to work while they study.
- Progress is evaluated through portfolio reviews that prepare students to present their work.