The Master of Interior Architecture is a 3-year professional degree accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation that prepares students to become certified interior designers. Our innovative approach to education integrates ongoing, real-world design practice with traditional classroom learning.
BAC students build their design and creative abilities in a core studio learning sequence, supported by drawing and software courses. Students study building systems to understand what is practical and study design history and theory to explore what is possible. Students pursue concurrent practice experience in design firms, community projects, research, and independent projects.
- The BAC was ranked #8 in the US for graduate programs in interior design by DesignIntelligence in 2016.
- The term "interior architecture" emphasizes the expanded role of interior design in today's economy, culture, and technology.
- Students learn design principles alongside students of architecture and landscape architecture in the Foundation segment.
- Instructors are professionals in the field and bring current perspectives on interior architecture into the classroom.
- Our Materials Library houses thousands of samples of fabrics, wall coverings, windows, flooring, and sustainable materials for classroom projects, presentations, and experimentation.
- Students complete the curriculum with a thesis project to explore an idea that has personal significance and larger value to the community and the discipline of interior architecture.