Alert For the Spring of 2021, the BAC is at Risk Level 2. Click here for the latest updates on the COVID-19 policies and resources for the BAC community.More

Financial Aid Resources

Federal Links

Federal Student Aid ID
Apply or retrieve for the US Department of Education Federal Student Aid ID on this site.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form is used to apply for all need based aid at The Boston Architectural College.

Entrance/Exit Counseling
The Federal Government requires that all students borrowing Federal Funds complete an Entrance Loan Counseling Session. Also an Exit Loan Counseling Session is required once they leave school or attendance drops below six academic credits.

Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
New and returning borrowers go here to sign federal Direct Loan MPNs. The MPN serves as the means by which you agree to repay your federal loans.

National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) 
The US Department of Education's central database for student aid. View your federal loan/Pell history here.

Direct Loan Information
Information for students and parents about all aspects of the Federal Direct Loan Program

Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group
The Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to the federal student aid programs, including Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loans (FFEL), Perkins Loans, and grant programs.


State Agencies

Massachusetts Board of Higher Education Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA)

Pennsylvania Higher Ed Asst. Agency (PHEAA)

Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC)

Financial Aid Complaints
The Financial Aid Office will work with students to resolve any complaints in a timely manner. If you feel that your situation was not resolved appropriately, you may contact the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education to submit a complaint.


Other Useful Government Sites

Internal Revenue Services
You can find information regarding income tax law, forms, and publications. This website is helpful during tax filing season as you can download many of the necessary tax forms from the Internet.

Selective Services System
This site allows you to register on-line for Selective service if you are required to do so. Registration is mandatory for most males between the ages of 18 and 25, and any males who are required to register must do so before receiving any form of federal or state financial aid. If you have questions regarding the Selective Service contact them at 847.688.6888.

US Department of Education 

US Social Security Administration
Social Security number and card questions will be answered here. You may also call them at 1.800.772.1213

Department of Veterans Affairs
Veteran questions can be answered here.

Avoid Scams
Learn how to spot potential fraud, avoid paying for free services, and prevent identity theft.

First-Quarter and Final Report for CARES Act Funding