Alert For the Spring of 2021, the BAC is at Risk Level 2. Click here for the latest updates on the COVID-19 policies and resources for the BAC community.More


Tuesday, December 15
Spring Tuition Due

Monday, January 4
Online M.Arch courses begin

Saturday, January 16 - Saturday, January 23
Online M.Arch Intensive

Wednesday, January 20
International Student Orientation

Thursday, January 21
New Student Orientation

Friday, January 22 - Saturday, January 23
City Lab Intensive

Monday, January 25
First Day of Classes

Friday, January 29 - Saturday, January 30
City Lab Intensive

    International Advising

    Maria Polyanskaya
    International Student Advisor

    Fax: 617.585.0121


    Newly Admitted International Students

    welcome header

    Congratulations! Now what are the next steps?


    Pay your $150 Intent to Register fee and $350 International Student fee: International Payment | U.S. Payment



    Submit I-20 documents: Certificate of Finance (MDS/MRED/Others) and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee 



    Submit your transfer credit materials (if applicable)

    Submit your prior practice application (if applicable)


    Submit your immunization and health records.

    Sign up for health insurance or submit a waiver.


    *NSO is intended for onsite students. Orientation for Online M.Arch students will occur on the first day of the intensive.

    You Are Welcome Here!

    Share that you're #BACBound!

    @theBACBoston on Instagram @theBACBoston

    The BAC on Facebook @theBACBoston

    @theBACBoston on Twitter @theBACBoston

    More information...

    Degree-seeking international students must obtain an F-1 visa in order to seek admission to the US for full-time studies, unless you are a citizen of Canada. Citizens of Canada do not require F-1 visas but must present appropriate means of documentation at the US port-of-entry to seek admission for full-time studies. All other students will be issued a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) to apply for your F-1 visa to enter the United States. The Form I-20 is processed and maintained in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). SEVIS is a web-based information system that allows information sharing among the various institutions and government agencies.

    To receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20), accepted international students must submit:

    1. Copy of your valid passport
    2. Copy of current bank statement that reflects total amount of tuition and fees for one academic year
    3. Certificate of Finance

    Students transferring from another US institution or English language program must also submit:

    1. F-1 Transfer Verification Form
    2. Copy of current Form I-20
    3. Copy of current visa
    4. Copy of current I-94 printout

    Visa Information

    In order to apply for an F-1 visa, you must provide the US Embassy or Consulate with your Form I-20, passport, statement of funds, and any documents required by the US Embassy or Consulate in your home country. In the case of Canadian citizens, you must use your Form I-20 to seek admission to the US in F-1 status at a US port-of-entry (without an F-1 visa). You cannot enter the US on a B-2 (tourist) visa and change to F-1 visa status after you arrive. You also cannot enter the US on a visa waiver and change to F-1 status after your arrival.

    F-2 Status

    The spouse or child of an F-1 student enters the US in F-2 status and is admitted for the same length of time as the F-1 student. Any student wishing to bring a spouse and/or child to the US should email the International Student Advisor to discuss the financial implications and to have the necessary documents prepared. Individuals in F-2 status are never allowed to be employed and cannot study full-time.

    SEVIS (I-901) Fee

    The US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires F-1 visa applicants to pay a one-time fee to supplement the administration and maintenance costs of the Student and Exchange Information System (SEVIS).

    Information on who is subject to the SEVIS fee requirement

    Health Insurance

    All BAC students are required to have US based health insurance. Please visit our Student Heath Insurance page for more information.

    Review Tuition Information

    Tuition charges are based on your registration. We encourage you to review the listing of tuition and fees, along with refund policies, prior to registration.

    Still have questions?

    Learn more about the BAC's Academic Services and Enrollment Overview.

    The Student Services team is here to help with anything you need to enroll and register.

    Bursar 617.585.0115
    Financial Aid 617.585.0125
    Registrar 617.585.0135