The BAC Alumni Council Transition Team has announced the 2018 Alumni Council slate of candidates.
The Transition Team received many applications from engaged BAC alumni and it was a tough decision to narrow them down to the slate. The announced slate meets the requirements of the recently adopted Alumni Association Constitution. Please note that there are only 12 candidates on the slate of the 13 electable positions. One seat will remain open for a Landscape Architecture alumnus/a until 2019. The remaining two seats on the 15 person Council are the non-voting appointed Student representative and Alumni Trustee representative.
The Alumni Association will vote on the slate as a whole from September 25 through October 11. Once approved, the newly formed Alumni Council will be introduced at the October 19 Leadership Awards Reception and officially take office on November 1, 2018.
Joshua Barnett, B.Arch '13
Arto Kurkjian, B.Arch '82
Christopher Kurland, M.Arch '12
Rand Lemley, B.Arch '17
Anastasia Lyons, BDS '14
Christina Oliver, '90
Jacqueline Padilla-Perez, MDS '17
Joseph Porter, M.Arch '15
Phillip Reville, M.Arch '17
Janet Roche, MDS '16
Hannah Smith, BIA '15
James Vaseff, B.Arch '71
Expectations of Alumni Council Members
- Exemplify the highest standards of professional ethics, volunteerism, and commitment to the College
- Act as an ambassador of and advocate for The Boston Architectural College
- Attend (in person or remotely) and participate in Alumni Council meetings including the fall Annual Meeting
- Identify, promote, and attend current BAC activities, including workshops, lectures, exhibitions, and alumni events that appeal to the alumni body
- Partner with BAC Alumni Relations to develop professional networking opportunities for alumni and current students
- Participate in and support BAC fundraising activities and initiatives
- Work with BAC Alumni Relations to identify and promote alumni who demonstrate exceptional work in their field
- Identify and recommend alumni for nomination to the Council
For more information about joining the Alumni Council, please contact Alumni Relations at 617.585.0146 or firstname.lastname@example.org.