Commencement at the BAC
Commencement is one of the most exciting times at the Boston Architectural College, when we come together as a community to celebrate the successes of this year’s graduates.
As you enter your last semester at the BAC, here are some things that you can expect leading up to graduation:
To receive clearance for graduation (i.e. an administrative review of your progress toward BAC requirements), you must fill out an Application to Graduate form so a final degree audit can be completed.
You must meet the clearance requirements of each of the following departments by the specified deadline in order to graduate:
- The Registrar's Office certifies that all outstanding academic requirements have been completed and that the cumulative and Studio GPA guidelines have been met.
- Practice certifies that all Practice Requirements have been completed; including, including your completion of practice hours and that the skill level has been met.
If you who have met all academic and Practice requirements but have outstanding matters in any of the areas listed below will still graduate but will not receive a diploma or official transcript until the outstanding matter is resolved. All matters must be resolved by the graduation clearance deadline to receive a diploma at commencement.
- The Coordinator of Thesis receives and approves one unbound thesis document, signed by the Thesis Advisor and Committee (Architecture) or Faculty Representative by the specified deadline. Degree Project books must be received by the degree project instructor.
- Financial Aid staff receives an exit interview for students who have received financial aid.
- The Bursar's Office verifies that all tuition and fee payments have been made including the Graduation Fee.
- The Library checks that all books have been returned and all fines in excess of $5 have been paid.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Registrar's Office.
Diplomas are awarded twice a year in December and May, with a Commencement ceremony happening once per year in May. If you graduate in December, you are welcome to walk in the ceremony in the following May. There is not a separate form for obtaining a diploma; this is part of the applying to graduate process.
Replacement Diploma Requests
Additional copies of your diploma are available at a cost of $35.00 each (processing fee and postage). Requests will be processed in eight to twelve weeks depending on the volume of requests. Complete the Replacement Diploma Request form and submit it to the Registrar's Office with payment/payment information.