Frequently Asked Questions

How much will I owe for the semester?

Please look at the tuition and fees webpage for the breakdown of tuition and mandatory fees for the semester by student type.

How can I find my current account information?

You can view your current account information whenever is most convenient for you by logging into your Self-Service account. You will receive your login information as part of the admission process. If you are having issues logging into your account, please contact the IT Help Desk. For help making a payment online please see the Self-Service payment instructions here.

How do I apply for financial aid?

To apply for financial you have to start by filling out a FAFSA at Please visit the Financial Aid webpage for more detailed information.

What is the payment deadline for the upcoming semester?

Payments are due the 15th of the month. All degree students will be billed appoximately one month prior to the payment due date. Payment will be due by the specified payment due dates which are listed on the Bursar homepage and on your billing statement for the semester. 

I am being charged BAC Student Health Insurance but I have my own insurance, what do I do?

Health Insurance is charged to all onsite degree students and CE certificate students registered half time or greater (6+ credits for undergraduate students, 4.5+ for graduate students). If you have a comparable health insurance plan you can submit a health insurance waiver. Once the waiver is approved it will be removed from your bill within one to two business days. All waivers need to be submitted by the end of the add/drop period each term. View the Student Health Insurance webpage for more information.

When will I receive my refund check?

Students often have financial aid funds in excess of their tuition and fees to cover living expenses. Refund checks are typically available one month after the start of the semester. The financial aid process cannot begin until after add/drop when registration is finalized.

Students are notified via email when their check is available for pick up in the Bursar's Office. Checks will be mailed upon request by replying to the email.

Refund checks that are lost and need to be reissued will be subject to a $25 fee.

Where can I find information regarding payment plans?

The BAC offers payment plans through Official Payments for degree students. These plans are not loans but are a monthly agreement to pay the tuition and fees in installments. There is an enrollment fee upon signing up. Please view the Payment Options webpage for more information.

What is a 1098-T form?

A 1098-T is a form that the BAC is required to submit to the IRS for any student who has qualified tuition and related expenses for the tax year being reported. The BAC only reports Box 2 regarding charges and does not report Box 1 regarding payments. If you need information regarding payments made please contact the Bursar's Office.
1098-T forms are sent out by January 31 to the permanent address on file. If no permanent address is listed it will go to the current address. Login to the Student Forms portal to see what address is on file. If you do not receive the form please contact the Bursar's Office.

I am graduating, why do I have to pay the graduation fee?

The Graduation Fee is a mandatory fee charged to all students. It is not contingent on attending the commencement ceremony. The revenue of this fee goes to offset the administrative expenses involved in auditing the student record to verify completion of the program, the printing and proofing of the diploma, the publication of the commencement program that all names are printed in and other assorted administrative tasks. If you have further questions, please contact the Bursar's Office.

What is Tuition refund Insurance and what does it cover?

GradGuard's Tuition Refund Insurance program is in place to help refund your tuition, fees and other eligible academic fees and costs, up to the policy limits per semester, if you are unable to complete the semester due to a covered medical reason. The insurance program complements and enhances our schools refund policies and we believe students will benefit from this added protection. For more information or to enroll in this beneficial coverage, you may do so by visiting the Grad Guard site for Distance and Onsite students.