Skip to Header Skip to main content Skip to footer

Applying for Financial Aid

Applying for financial aid at the Boston Architectural College (BAC) is a simple process that must be completed every year that you hope to receive aid.

What Is the FAFSA?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to apply for federal, state, and need-based institutional aid, including grants. The FAFSA is available beginning on October 1 every year. When applying, students and families (if applicable) will need two years of federal tax information. 

While students may complete the FAFSA any time throughout the academic year, applying by the priority deadline of April 15 ensures consideration for the best possible financial aid package.

How Do I Apply?

Create an FSA ID, which will be used to access your financial aid information in future years. It is used on the Federal Student Aid sites to electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If applicable, a parent will need their own FSA ID.

Complete the FAFSA online and list The Boston Architectural College's school code of 003966. The school code enables The Department of Education to share FAFSA information with the BAC. Both the student and parent (if applicable) must sign the FAFSA for it to be processed by the Department of Education.

Who Is Eligible for Financial Aid?

Students who qualify for federal and/or state financial aid meet the following criteria:

  • Student is an US citizen or eligible non-citizen (US permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C Alien Registration Receipt Card).
  • Register (or have registered) with the Selective Service if you are a male between 18 and 25 yrs old
  • Be enrolled in an eligible program working towards a degree. NOTE: Continuing Education students are NOT eligible to receive federal and state aid
  • Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate
  • Cannot be in DEFAULT on a prior federal loan or owe an overpayment to the federal government
  • Students must meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress

I Have Special Circumstances, What Do I Do?

Examples of special circumstances include, but are not limited to:

  • Dependent students who are unable to provide parental information
  • Students who have had significant changes to income information, usually more than a 20% change to adjusted gross income
  • Large out of pocket medical expenses, more than 11% of the adjusted gross income that is not reported by insurance
  • A death in the family

Students who have unique special circumstances should contact a Financial Aid Administrator at 617.585.0125 or

The Verification Process

Your FAFSA may be selected for review to verify that specific information you provided on the FAFSA matches requested documentation. Your FAFSA information may need to be corrected if there are any discrepancies.

The Financial Aid Office will notify selected students via email listing any verification forms or documents being requested. Documents can be submitted via the student portal.

Have More Questions?